AT&T have launched the Samsung Magnet, the candybar messaging handset first confirmed for the carrier back at the end of April. Fitted with a full QWERTY keyboard and numerous messaging shortcuts, the Magnet is a bright orange slab of entry-level simplicity.
While the Magnet is a feature-phone rather than a smartphone, it does still manage to pack in some business-friendly functionality. As well as mobile email and SMS/MMS messaging there’s also an IM client and Bluetooth connectivity, plus a speakerphone and basic PIM functionality. The camera won’t be winning any awards, though; at just VGA resolution its a real blast from the past, and not in a good way.
The AT&T Samsung Magnet measures 4.29 x 2.32 x 0.47 inches and weighs 3.09oz. Talktime is rated at up to 5hrs, while standby is up to 250hrs, from the 800mAh Li-Ion battery. The Magnet is currently priced at just $19.99 after a mail-in rebate, assuming a two-year contract.
SAMSUNG MOBILE AND AT&T ANNOUNCE AVAILABILITY OF SAMSUNG MAGNET(TM)
Award-winning messaging phone hits shelves
The Samsung MagnetTM, a compact and trendy orange and black messaging device, features a full QWERTY keyboard with one-touch access to messaging options such as Text messaging, Instant messenger, camera, games and applications. The Magnet also features MEdiaTM Net browsing, a VGA camera and Bluetooth® wireless technology. The Samsung Magnet will be available today through select AT&T retail locations or at www.wireless.att.com. For more information, please visit www.samsung.com/newsroom or www.att.com/mobilephones-news.
Key services and features of the Magnet include:
- Mobile Email
- SMS and MMS messaging
- Instant Messenger
- MEdiaTM Net Internet Browsing
- Integrated VGA Digital Camera: Multiple Resolutions: 640 x 480, 320 x 240 and 220 x 165, 4x Digital Zoom, Self Timer (3, 5 or 10 seconds), Brightness Adjustment
- Bluetooth® wireless technology
- Download Capabilities
- JavaTM Support for application download
- Preloaded Games
- 64 Note Polyphonic Music Tones/MP3 Music Tones
- Any Key Answer
- Emergency Calls (with or without SIM card)
- Multi-lingual Text Display (English, French, Spanish)
- Personal Organizer (Calendar, Calculator, Note, Task and Currency Converter)
- GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 800mAh Lithium Ion Battery
- Dimensions: 4.29? (H) x 2.32 (W) x 0.47? (D)
- Weight: 3.09 oz.
- Display: 2.2? TFT w/64K color/176×220
- Talk Time: Up to 5 Hours
- Standby Time: Up to 250 hours
Samsung Mobile is proud to provide ENERGY STAR-qualified power adapters with its mobile phones and accessories. ENERGY STAR qualified products use less energy, save money, and help protect the environment. Products that have earned the ENERGY STAR meet strict energy-efficiency guidelines set by the US Environmental Protection Agency and the US Department of Energy.